We are committed to protecting the privacy of our contacts, customers, suppliers and employees (“you” and when relating to you, “your“) and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy we describe how we manage your personal information.
1. The kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect include:
- contact details such as name, role or position, address, email address, mobile number, landline number and fax number;
- confidential information including bank account and credit card details. We will not release this information unless we have your express consent to do so or if it is required;
- how you were referred to or became aware of us;
- if you are an employee or prospective employee, information about your qualifications, skills and work experience;
- if you are a supplier or prospective supplier, information about your business skills, services, products and prices; and
- when you use certain features of the website, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location such as IP address, post code and more specific information such as GPS based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site.
2.How we collect personal information
We collect personal information by various means including through:
- our website;
- our social media accounts;
- orders placed for our goods or services;
- third party service providers;
- requests for brochures, to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about our goods or services;
- provision of customer service and support;
- responses to surveys or research undertaken by us or on our behalf; or
- entries into competitions or trade promotions conducted by us or on our behalf.
- 2.2Where practicable we collect personal information about you directly from you. However, we may also collect information about you from a third party.
3.The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- We collect, hold, use and personal information in order to:
- complete transactions with you;
- to direct market to you, with your permission;
- to understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide goods or services that meet your needs;
- to process returns and exchanges;
- to improve our goods or services; and
- to respond to requests or complaints.
4.The parties to whom your personal information is disclosed
- Subject to our confidentiality obligations, we may share some relevant personal information with:
- our e-mail marketing provider for the purposes of providing you our newsletter, invitations and updates; and
- third party service providers who assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, website or technology services.
- We also will disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
5.Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
- We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
6.Opting out of marketing communications
- We may, from time to time, send you newsletters, invitations and updates about our services. You can opt out of receiving further such communications by notifying us using our contact details below by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any marketing e-mail received from us.
- We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
8.Access/correction/updating personal information
- You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information. Unless we are subject to confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information and we are permitted to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, we will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days. Examples of circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to your personal information include where:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- we reasonably believe that giving you access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; and
- giving access could prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity.
- If you request to correct your personal information, we will correct, or, if we consider more appropriate, note your request for amendment of the information on your record.
- We will not charge you to make a request to access your record but we may charge you to actually provide access depending on the costs associated with obtaining and providing the material.
- These actions can usually be taken by contacting us using the contact information on the “Contact Us” section below.
9.Notification of Changes
10.Complaints / Contact us
We will endeavour to respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.